Monday, October 5, 2009

Now I Know I'll Make It!

So I had my last big training run on Saturday morning - 20 miles - and it was a success! Now I know that after taper I will definitely be able to make my 26.2 at pace on November 1st - which is a great feeling. I even had a running buddy for the last 6 miles, a nice gentleman named Larry who ran his first NYC Marathon right after 9/11. It made such a difference for both of us to run those last 6 miles together, that I have an idea now how much the spirit and camaraderie on the day of the marathon will really help me.

Saturday night was a big night as well - Dimitri's benefit concert in Setauket, Long Island! There was a nice crowd there, and we made enough money to bring me to just $82 shy of my $3000 goal. I know we will get there and beyond with the NYC concert on October 16th. Dimitri played beautifully, I was so proud of him, and we have a nice recording of the event as well on CD.

Next weekend we will be in Chicago for my friend Kari's wedding, so I will be running my 18 miles on Lake Shore Drive, the last long run before taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment