Thursday, October 15, 2009

Look at that Little Man Crossing the Finish Line!

I made my $3,000 - yay! Now on my Fred's Team Page you can see my little donation tracker runner crossing the donation finish line, raising his arms in victory. I only hope I shall look the same at the end of 26.2 miles on race day. Dimitri is playing his second benefit concert for me in NYC tomorrow, Oct 16th, so we will go above and beyond my donation goal. Victory!

On a slightly down note, I got sick this week and have been sniffling and hacking away. I feel better today, but the cough persists. This is worrisome since coughing exacerbates my asthma, and if I'm running, I'm worried about getting into one of those terrible coughing fits that I haven't had in a while, that I used to get when I first started training. It is supposed to rain and be in the 40s this weekend, so I'm not sure what I'll do about our Saturday morning training run. I'm worried that being cold and wet for 10 miles will make my cold return with a vengeance. However, I really can't imagine myself running for 10 miles at the gym due to my extreme loathing of the treadmill. Anyone want to send me a plane ticket to a warmer, drier locale for the weekend!?

No comments:

Post a Comment