Monday, October 12, 2009

Chicago is a Cold, Cold City!

Dimitri and I headed off to Chicago for a wedding this weekend. The same weekend as the Chicago Marathon! I got my long run in on Saturday morning, running from Damen and North Ave over to Lake Shore Drive, up to Lawrence Ave, and back (16 miles total). Lake Shore Drive is an amazing resource - bathrooms and water fountains, yay! There were many runners out that morning, but it was cold cold cold. I was ill-prepared, having accidentally brought my Fred's Team singlet (tank top) rather than the long sleeved training shirt. Darn! I wore a cotton hoodie over it, but that did not do a terrific job of keeping me warm after it got sweaty. So now I am sick. Ho hum.

I am going to try to take it easy this week and cross train in the gym. Then on Saturday morning I am running the last 10 miles of the marathon course with Fred's Team! Also, Dimitri's NYC concert is on Friday night, so I am very excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment