Friday, July 3, 2009

Nice Warm Up

Sorry for the lag in posting! I ran 11 miles last Saturday and it was great and hard. It was a nice milestone for me, though I finished slower than I'd have liked to. Running one 6-mile loop around Central Park is easy for me now. Running two? Not so much! Still, I remember when running three miles used to feel like a great workout to me. Now it feels like a warm-up. Which is pretty awesome. I may never view distance the same way again.

That being said, I've taken it easy since experiencing some pretty bad knee pain on my regular Monday night 6 mile training run. The consensus seems to be that the only thing for knee pain is rest. I will be running 13 miles (my first half-marathon, woohoo!) today in Central Park with Dimitri there for me at different mile markers to supply water, gel packs, and moral support. I usually run excellent after a brief hiatus, so I have high hopes for today, and am crossing my fingers that the knee pain doesn't return. It will also be my first training run with gel packs, so here's hoping I don't toss my cookies as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment