Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And I would run 200 miles...

I have added up my mileage since officially starting training and it is 200 freaking miles! Incredible, no? 15 of those miles were done all in a row last Saturday - definitely the most gruelling one I have done so far - 15 miles in the heat, running on the West Side Highway from 97th street to the tip of Manhattan and then BACK. For the first time ever during a run I got to experience what it feels like when your legs just completely have no more juice. It's very different from feeling "tired." But my fellow Fred's Team runners clapped and cheered when I finished, yay! I also wore one of the fancy new running shirts I got in the mail - thanks Mom! Then Dimitri and I got burgers and fries at the Parker Meridien, haha. Not a good post-run meal, but I made up for it at dinner with a homemade stir fry - tofu and swiss chard in hoisin sauce, yummy.

We leave for Belize on Friday! I will fit in a few 5-7 mile runs while we are there to maintain, and hit the long runs when we get back.

I am also at $1245 now and we haven't even begun selling concert tickets yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment