Monday, July 6, 2009

1/3 of the way!

At 9 weeks and $1020, I am both 1/3 of the way through training and 1/3 of the way towards my $3000 fundraising goal! I love that symmetry.

Last night after my 10 mile run, I said to Dimitri "Doesn't it feel like I've been training FOREVER?" Dimitri doesn't lie to me though, and replied "Well, I don't know... not really."

I guess it's just my tired brain playing tricks on me. Also my left knee hurts and I have a rash on the underside of my arms after every long run from chafing against my sweat soaked t-shirt. And sometimes a girl just wants to spend the evening vegging, rather than running 10 miles around her neighborhood while everyone else is bbq'ing! But enough complaining, I still have 2/3rds to go, with a very important 26.2 miles at the end.

I've decided to beat the boredom by expanding my running repertoire. This coming Sunday's 12 mile training run with NY Road Runners should be exciting - it's a long training run and it will be with all kinds of marathoners, not just Fred's Team. I think the group excitement will buoy me on.

I also went to a great running store in my neighborhood, Jack Rabbit Sports, and the girl who rang up my Gu told me she is running the marathon this year too, and that they have a group run on Wednesday nights that leaves the store around 7pm. Could be just the thing to mix up my routine, lest I start wallowing in the loneliness of the long-distance runner.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl, I know you will be a success at this marathon run and worthy fundraiser. I'm so glad you had a good 12 miler yesterday and I hope your knee stops hurting. Do not worry your pretty head - new, functional and fashionable running clothes are on the way! Love, Mom (aka,the best Mom you ever had)

    ReplyDelete