Friday, May 1, 2009

Got my training schedule!

So, people have been asking me a lot lately how much I am running, since I am building my base now. I haven't pushed myself so much, considering I'd be starting "real" training with my Fred's Team sometime in July.
WRONG!!! Our team trainer is WAY too smart for that. He says, and I quote:
"This year’s Fred’s Team training runs start in May. Last year I left it to you to build your base on your own. I’m not doing that again."
Soooooo.... I got my schedule and it starts on May 4th! That's right - it starts Monday!!! And it is REALLY HARD LOOKING. Like, G.I. Jane hard. I am so excited. My mom just sent me some cool running gear in the mail, looks like I'll be wearing it A LOT.
In case you are wondering what the details of the training are, a good synopsis is that I'll be running from 25-40 miles per week, every week, for the next 26 weeks, and cross training on Wednesday and Friday nights in the gym (weights, bike, elliptical, pilates), with Sunday as my 1 rest day.
Ok let's go!

3 comments:

  1. Eddie and Nemo are wishing that they could run in Central Park with you! They are so proud to be part of the watch Tina run team. More jogging gear on the way, so keep up the hard work, runner girl. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think a marathon is only 20 miles with a 10K at the end. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! Your support is so awesome. I ran five miles last night, and will tackle my first 6 miler tomorrow! I love that Eddie and Nemo have their own blogger accounts, hah!

    ReplyDelete