Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Final Shoes

Last week I bought the pair of New Balances that will see me through the marathon, and it felt sort of weighty. I'll train in them for these last 6 weeks to get them nice and broken in, and then they will see me through to the finish line (where I plan on getting to come hell or high water - but I really do hope it doesn't rain!). Then maybe I will have them bronzed, hahaha. The really nifty thing is, they have little orange accents that will match my Fred's Team singlet!

Fundraising ramped up recently, bringing me to $1885 now - just $1115 from my goal! Dimitri's concerts in Long Island on 10/3 and in Manhattan on 10/16 should get me the rest of the way no problem. He has been practicing a LOT and everything sounds beautiful, I am really excited.

This past weekend I did 15 miles, which finally felt good and ok! This coming Saturday, I'll do 13, then ramp back up to 16, 18, and 20 before the final taper. Let hope my little left knee cooperates for a few more weeks, it's been getting a little cranky. I am SO sick of ice baths but I keep taking them!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I was thinking my shoes will match my Fred's Team uniform too! Only us girls think of these things, lol! Stop by my page when you get a chance, I blogged about all the gear I run with, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - it is ALWAYS about the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete