Monday, September 28, 2009

18 Miles in the Pouring Rain

Sounds like a bad country song, but no, it is just my Sunday morning! I completed 18 miles this Sunday, through the NYRR "marathon tune up" 18 mile organized run. I am not so in love with NYRR anymore, considering Saturday morning would have been perfect weather. Instead, I got to go my 18 miles in the incessant pouring rain - soaked to the bone, waterlogged shoes, cold, depressed, desperate, clinging to life, haha ok maybe not that bad but definitely the soaking wet socks and shoes were horrible!

Also, I love that they call it a tune up. My body feels more screwed up than tuned up! My left knee and right foot are killing, especially if I try to go down stairs. I am hoping that a yoga session and some serious icing tonight will help. Speaking of which, I also had a cupcake with icing this afternoon... I deserved it!

Amazing fund raising news, I am now at $2075 total! Only $925 left to go! We are in the final stretches, and I feel like I'm in good shape all around. Dimitri did a run-through of his recital at a friend's house this weekend, and it was beautiful, so I am very excited for the upcoming concerts!

1 comment:

  1. I love your term "screw up instead of tune up" - lol I may steal that for my blog!

    ReplyDelete