Monday, June 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle!

I am in love - with my inhaler. It has made a huge difference in my running and I am totally back on track with the training schedule! Last week I completed my first 7 mile run, which felt great. Every 2 miles or so I stop for about 1 minute to have an inhaler break, then keep going. It's nice for my muscles to walk for a bit too, and I feel better at the completion of a longer run that way.

This weekend we were in Lancaster, PA, for my friends Pierre and Adrianna's wedding, which was amazing. I ran 8 miles in downtown Lancaster, it was HOT and I was sweating so much and even got lost once. I literally fantasizing about lemonade on the last mile (and iced tea and juice and coconut water). My friend Aline, who is visiting from France, ran the first 2.6 miles with me as well!

Aline will probably join me again tonight for a jog in Brooklyn, the weather is beautiful and I am feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment