Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Starting Out

Hello everyone! I signed up to run the 2009 NYC Marathon several week's ago for Fred's Team, and I'm really excited.

This is a blog to keep you posted on my training and progress, and everything that happens along the way! There is a link that will remain at the top of the sidebar so you can access my Fred's Team page easily if you'd like to make a donation :)

I won't start training with my team and really packing on the miles until July, but I have already started prepping for the long road ahead. I'm working right now on building endurance and speed, with several weekly 5k runs and twice a week strength training sessions in the gym, based on a very helpful training session I received from my track and field runner friend, Patrick.

Please visit my Fred's Team webpage to see more about the team, the race, the cause, and to donate!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to cheer you on from 4th Ave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Tina! I know you will have a great run and I will be sending you a donation soon.

    ReplyDelete